SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2011
October 15, 2011
Randy Seaver’s Saturday Night Genealogy Fun Challenge:
The Mission is to:
2) Write your own blog post, or add your response as a comment to this blog post, in a Facebook Status post or note, or in a Google+ Stream item.
Thank you to Jill for the SNGF idea! Jill is collecting Ancestors MeGeneaMeme entries too.
The rules, and the Meme list, is given below in my response.
The list should be annotated in the following manner:
Things you have already done or found: bold face type
Things you would like to do or find: italicize (colour optional)
Things you haven’t done or found and don’t care to: plain type
You are encouraged to add extra comments in brackets after each item
Which of these apply to you?
1. Can name my 16 great-great-grandparents
2. Can name over 50 direct ancestors
3. Have photographs or portraits of my 8 great-grandparents
4. Have an ancestor who was married more than three times: Friederick Fermazin
5. Have an ancestor who was a bigamist
6. Met all four of my grandparents
7. Met one or more of my great-grandparents: Met Minnie Fermazin, my grandfather’s mother.
8. Named a child after an ancestor
9. Bear an ancestor's given name/s: Named after my mother’s mother, Nancy Ames Worthing
10. Have an ancestor from Great Britain or Ireland: Richard Seth Worthing, Sarah Ingram Worthing from Wales
11. Have an ancestor from Asia
12. Have an ancestor from Continental Europe: LINDEN, FERMAZIN, POTT, KARTHEISER, BEVIER
13. Have an ancestor from Africa
14. Have an ancestor who was an agricultural labourer: Richard Seth Worthing
15. Have an ancestor who had large land holdings: Richard Seth Worthing
16. Have an ancestor who was a holy man - minister, priest, rabbi
17. Have an ancestor who was a midwife
18. Have an ancestor who was an author
19. Have an ancestor with the surname Smith, Murphy or Jones: My great aunt married a Jones
20. Have an ancestor with the surname Wong, Kim, Suzuki or Ng
21. Have an ancestor with a surname beginning with X
22. Have an ancestor with a forename beginnining with Z
23. Have an ancestor born on 25th December
24. Have an ancestor born on New Year's Day
25. Have blue blood in your family lines
26. Have a parent who was born in a country different from my country of birth
27. Have a grandparent who was born in a country different from my country of birth
28. Can trace a direct family line back to the eighteenth century: LINDEN, FERMAZIN, POTT, WORTHING, INGRAM
29. Can trace a direct family line back to the seventeenth century or earlier: WORTHING, FERMAZIN, LINDEN, POTT
30. Have seen copies of the signatures of some of my great-grandparents: Ira Daniel Ames, Richard Seth Worthing
31. Have ancestors who signed their marriage certificate with an X
32. Have a grandparent or earlier ancestor who went to university
33. Have an ancestor who was convicted of a criminal offence
34. Have an ancestor who was a victim of crime
35. Have shared an ancestor's story online or in a magazine (Tell us where): Wrote a poem about my FERMAZIN line and it was published in Everton’s Genealogy Magazine. Everton’s Genealogical Helper: November December 2008.
36. Have published a family history online or in print (Details please)
37. Have visited an ancestor's home from the 19th or earlier centuries
38. Still have an ancestor's home from the 19th or earlier centuries in the family
39. Have a family bible from the 19th Century: Cornelia Palon Ames family Bible in my possession.
40. Have a pre-19th century family bible
41. Find the marriage of Adolphus Ames ;
42. Find the parents of Cornelia Palon
43. Find the birthplace of Friederich Fermazin ancestors